Are you looking for a career in mining? – Get a Head Start
Step 1 – Click on Login/Register in ORANGE at the top right of the next page to set up your account and tell us a bit about yourself. Then view the list of companies that have positions to fill.
Step 2 – Come back on 2 June to submit your resume to the companies that interest you.
The event is not live yet.
Fill out the form to the right stay tuned. We will email a link so you can complete your JOB SEEKER account, view job postings and submit your resume.
Stay tuned. We Will Remind You
List of Career, Education & Training Exhibitors
Barrick Hemlo Mine
Canada Nickel Company
Cochrane District Social Services
Côté Gold An IAMGOLD Mine
Employment Options Emploi
G4 Drilling Ltd.
Glencore Canada Corporation – Kidd Operations
Kirkland Lake Gold
Lake Shore Gold
Moneta Porcupine Mines Inc.
Northern Training Division
Timmins Economic Dev.
Wallbridge Mining Company Ltd.
Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd.
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS IN MINING – VIRTUAL PANEL PRESENTATIONS
Are you interested in a career in mining? Tune in on Wednesday, June 2nd for panel presentations to help you Explore Your Options in Mining
Session 1: (10:30 until noon)
THE DEMAND – Workforce needs of mining companies
Mining industry HR representatives talk about their workforce needs, more specifically:
- Employment opportunities within their business (type of jobs by occupation, work conditions, educational requirements, wages, possible advancements within the company, etc).
- Recruitment and hiring challenges (finding skilled workers, skills gaps in new hires).
- Advice to individuals considering a career.
Participating mines will address the crowd with a virtual presentation (10 to 15 minutes), followed by a moderated Q & A
Session 2: (1:30 – 3:00 pm)
THE SUPPLY – local opportunities to train for mining
Training and educational institutions talk about the programs they offer to train future workers for the mining industry:
- Mining specific programs offered (types of programs, modes of delivery, duration of the program, etc).
- How to access those programs (how to apply, resources to help with access and/or tuition, start dates and deadline for applying, etc).
Each institution will provide a virtual presentation (10 to 15 minutes), followed by a moderated Q & A
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS IN MINING VIRTUAL JOB FAIR
Here is what employers in the mining industry will have access to during the job fair:
A virtual booth to:
- Post current job positions in a 2D display
- Display videos, pre-recorded presentations, pdf files, promo banners and a backdrop banner
- Showcase the benefits of working for your company
- Profiles of potential job seekers interested in a career in mining sponsored breakout rooms to conduct meetings or interviews with job seekers who meet your requirements.
Job seeker interested in a career in mining you will be able to:
- View job postings for reference to job descriptions and qualification requirements
- Upload your profiles to job seekers at a glance, and list your set of skills and experience or education
- Upload your resume for any job that you wish to apply for and submit it
- Request to connect in a one-on-one text / audio / video meeting with the HR staff.