To help remind us all about the vital role of mining and its importance, Timmins celebrates Mining Week.
Mining enriches our lives with everyday essentials. Ontario’s minerals help improve the air we breathe and the food we eat. Minerals help save lives and improve our health.
From nickel batteries to copper wiring, silica in light bulbs to uranium for nuclear power, minerals bring us energy and light. More than 30 minerals and metals are used to produce computers, televisions, stereo systems and kitchen appliances. Minerals also open our word to travel. Airplanes, cars, trucks, boats and trains are built with cobalt, steel, iron, copper, zinc and aluminum.
Mining Trivia Contest
Test your mining knowledge
Prizes are $100 gift cards from the business of your choice. Support Local!
1. Click the orange start button to begin the Mining Week Trivia Contest
2. Enter your contact details – Name, Email Address & Contact Number (We will need to contact you to arrange for delivery of your prize)
3. Click the box with the answer you would like to select
4. After answering all 10 questions click ‘see result’ to view your score
5. Players with a score of 100% will be pooled together and winners will be chosen by random draw.
Wrong shortcode initialized
The contest is closed and the prizes have been awarded. Join us for our next virtual event on Nov 30 to Dec 2, 2021 at https://miningthenorthwest.ca